Home Page
Search Brindisiweb


Churches - St. Sebastian

This church, also known as "The Church of Souls", was built thanks to the confraternity of "Anime del Purgatorio" (Purgatory Souls), and it was finished in 1670.

Subsequent restorings modified the floor, the roof and the entrance stairs.
Nowadays the church hosts some important paintings like "St. Gennaro protects from earthquake" made by Giovanni Scatigno (1747), and the "Martyrdom of St. Sebastian" painted by Umberto Colonna (1950).

On the portal the ancient heraldry of the town.

Photogallery - Click on the thumbnails to enlarge
on the portal
Martyrdom of
St. Sebastian
Map of the churches

« Back

Versione Italiana

Brindisi på dansk

Travel & Transport

Support Wikipedia

by Giovanni Membola Credits Copyright Contact