Home Page
Contact
Search Brindisiweb

 


Churches - ST. THERESA

The Church of St.Theresa, a example of baroque architecture, was completed in 1697 in the ancient Spanish quarter.
The facade is adorned with capitals and pinnacles.
Inside there are valuable paintings in the chapels ("St. Andrew" and "The education of Our Lady"), the statues of Medical Saints in papier-maché and, on the ceiling, a wooden statue of Our Lady of "Carmine".

Near the church there is the cloister, built in XV century as a convent, nowadays it hosts the Record Office.

Photogallery - Click on the thumbnails to enlarge
Inside
Paint on the roof
The education
of Our Lady
Statues in
papier-maché
Cloister
Facade
Correlated documents:
» Then and now - how things change with time...
Map of the churches

« Back

Versione Italiana

Brindisi p dansk

Travel & Transport
 

Support Wikipedia

by Giovanni Membola Credits Copyright Contact